Wednesday, April 05, 2006

That’s Journal-tainment!

Look, I'm no fan of Katie Couric. I don't watch "The Today Show." And I think the whole who's anchoring nightly primetime news is a bit of a yawn these days -- given the 24 hour news cycle, all the cable news shows, blogs, etc. But putting someone who might mix things up a bit may attract a younger audience than the geriatrics evening newscasts tends to get at that time of day. Concept!

But some things just irk me. I happened to be catching CNN's morning show and the reporter announcing Couric’s departure from Today and into the anchor seat of CBS said something like -- well, some people are wondering if she has the chops. The anchor (woman) responded -- oh, she's got the chops. So there! I mean, of all the problems with television news and it's Couric who's going to bring down the quality? Right.

No comments: