Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Forth & Towne a Dead End

When retailers get it wrong, they really get it wrong. The whole concept just made me want to spit. You turn over 35-ish and all of a sudden you've forgotten how to dress yourself. You prefer higher waists (mom jeans, anyone?) and clothing that is so boring you fall asleep just looking at it.

Earth to Gap: Sarah Jessica Parker is over 35. You put her in a Gap ad campaign. Now you want to shuttle her off to some super uncool, unhip store in a mall? Thanks, but no thanks.

Well, guess what. Gap agrees! They're shutting down this pathetic excuse for a store. According to the New York Times, most of these super-niche type ideas for women of a certain age (excuse me? when did 35 become the new 55?) who lack style and substance.

My friend gave me a birthday card that said of my age: you're not getting older, you're just becoming a much better shopper. Where do women my age shop? H&M, Zara, Bloomies. Bluefly. Get with it Gap, or get out.


No comments: